Payments for the second installment are considered timely if they are postmarked by April 12, 2021.
***Previous Press Release***
Property taxes are due now! Take a moment today and pay.
- Pay by personal check, money order, or cashier’s check. Payments for the 2nd installment are considered timely if they are postmarked by April 12, 2021.
- Online payments involve processing by a private company so there is a service fee charged by these outside contractors (not by the County).
- Credit card fess = 2.38% of the payment
- Debit card fees = $ 4.95 (flat fee)
- Bank Bill Pay Checks: Make sure you follow your banks payment processing guidelines because many say to expect up to a 5-day delay.
- Drop payments in the secure property tax boxes inside the Courthouse: These boxes are before the security checkpoints at the 4th & 5th Street entrances in which payments may be dropped, but the Courthouse closes at 5 p.m.
- The Treasurer-Tax Collectors Office is open to the public, but we follow COVID protocols so be prepared to wait if you decide to pay in person. Masks and social distancing are required!
- Late property tax payments result in a 10% penalty and a $ 20 fee.
If you have questions please look at your tax bill - front and back - or check out the website https://humboldtgov.org/260/Treasurer---Tax-Collector because almost all answers can be found in one of these two places. If you don’t find the answer then call us at 707-476-2450.
News media – Do not alter the above. For more information contact: