Using this Site
Welcome to the County of Humboldt website. The county is incorporating into our website the Web Page Disability Access Design Standards developed by the Office of Equality Assurance. We are pleased to provide an alternative medium for accessing information about our programs and services. To ensure you receive information in an accessible format you can get in touch with us in the following ways:
- Fill out an Accessible Information Request form. Please note: This form is not for requesting documents pursuant to the California Public Records Act.
- Contact us by phone or email:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: 707-445-7266
- Toll-free: 1-844-365-0352.
- California Relay Service (CRS): 711
- If you have any suggestions for improving the accessibility features of our website, please fill out our Website Question/Comment form or email us email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org Opens a New Window. and indicate:
- The nature of your accessibility needs
- A description of the material you are attempting to access (and web address if applicable)
- The preferred format in which to receive the material
- Your contact information.
Accessibility Design Guidelines
Our website has been designed with the following accessibility guidelines in mind:
- The standard font used throughout the site has been chosen to be easily legible.
- Wherever possible, we use live text instead of graphics to reduce the download time of pages and increase your control.
- Our pages are designed to display without horizontal scrollbars when they are viewed at a screen resolution of 1024x768 pixels.
- No information is exclusively conveyed using color. This doesn't mean that colors are not used to organize information; instead, it means there are also other, non-color-dependent ways of doing this.
- All images and hyperlinks, where appropriate, have an alternative text attribute. This means when an image or hyperlink is conveying important information its content is described with an alternative text.
- We work to comply with Section 508 Opens a New Window. as well as WCAG 2.0 A and AA Opens a New Window. .
- If you have difficulty accessing the site or have any comments or feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us Opens a New Window. .
ADA Policies and Procedures for County of Humboldt
- ADA Grievance Procedure
- ADA Policy
- Website Accessibility Policy
- Web Standards and Style Guide
- VPAT Information for Vendors
- VPAT Procedure for County Departments
- non-county employees can access information on the most current VPAT via the ITI VPAT page
- ADA-accessible information request Opens a New Window. (Note: This is not for requests made pursuant to the California Public Records Act)
- ADA complaint form Opens a New Window.
- General Website Questions/Comments Opens a New Window.
- VPAT Form (Online Service Request)
Browser Accessibility Information
Many popular browsers contain built-in accessibility tools:
- Chrome Accessibility Information
- Firefox Accessibility Information
- Microsoft Edge Accessibility Information
- Safari Accessibility Information Opens a New Window.
PDF reader software is required to view and print PDF documents that appear on this website. We recommend Adobe's free PDF Reader software.
- To download this program for free, visit the Adobe website.
- To read PDF documents with a screen reader please visit the Adobe Reader Accessibility website Opens a New Window. which provides useful tools and resources.
Supported Assistive Technology
- AudioEye Ally Toolbar
- Keyboard-Only Navigation
Visit our ADA Compliance page for more information, listings on accessible services, and county ADA contact information.