Planning Commission Meetings
Humboldt County Planning Commission holds hybrid Zoom / In Person public hearings in the Board of Supervisors' Chamber, Humboldt County Courthouse, 825 Fifth Street, Eureka, California, as well as accessible virtually with the instructions below.
Viewing the Meeting and Comment Remotely
Links to view each meeting are posted on the County Legistar Calendar on the Friday before each meeting. Public comment on all agenda items as well as general public comment will be taken at the prescribed time. Please submit only one comment per agenda item number and only one general public comment.
Listen or Watch the live stream of the Planning Commission Meeting in three ways:
- https://zoom.us/j/87544807065 Password: 200525
- Call in via telephone at 346 248-7799, enter meeting id 875 4480 7065 Password: 200525
- A live stream of the meeting can be found by using the following link: https://humboldt.legistar.com or by watching Access Humboldt on cable channel 10 (1st Thurs of the month) or channel 11 (3rd Thurs of the month)
Email Public Comment
To submit public comment to the Planning Commission, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and the agenda item number(s) on which you wish to speak. If you do not have access to email, a voicemail may be left at (707) 445-7541 and will follow the same procedure as email public comments. All public comment submitted after the agenda has been published will be included with the administrative record after the fact.
Public Comment Instructions During the Meeting
Participate in the public comment period of the meeting in the following two ways:
- In Person: Any person may appear and present testimony in regard to this matter at the hearing located in the Board of Supervisors' Chamber, Humboldt County Courthouse, 825 Fifth Street, Eureka, California. The Planning Commission needs 15 COPIES of any materials submitted at the meeting.
- Via Computer as an Attendee: To raise your hand, click the Raise Hand icon on the bottom of the Zoom window. When you click the Raise Hand icon, a hand icon will appear next to your name that will notify the host your hand is raised. You will also see the hand icon turn green, When you want to lower your hand, you can click the hand icon again. When you are called upon to speak, the Zoom platform will ask you for permission to unmute your mic. If you encounter any issues, please use the call-in option below.
- Via Phone Call Using or Landline: When the Planning Commission meeting begins, call in to the conference line. When the Planning Commissioner starts to discuss the item you wish to comment on, press *9 to raise your hand. When you are called upon to speak, you will be prompted to unmute your mic.
The County of Humboldt is committed to providing equal access to all county programs, services, and activities through the provision of accommodations for individuals with disabilities as required under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). With 72 hours prior notice, a request for reasonable accommodation or modification can be made. Please contact the Planning Commission clerk by phone at 707-445-7541 or by email at email@example.com, or contact the ADA Coordinator by phone at 844-365-0352 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Planning Commission Notice is also available via PDF.
- 6:00 pm - 9:30 pm
- 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month
- Wheelchair access is located at the 829 4th Street entrance
Study sessions may occur during a scheduled meeting between 5:00 pm and 5:55 pm. Special meetings may also be scheduled by the Commission.
Public Notices for Planning Commission can be found here.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes
To email public comments to the Planning Commission, please contact the Planning Clerk.
Planning Commission Rules, Code of Conduct and Ethics
To serve on the Planning Commission, please fill out an Application to Serve and submit it to the Clerk of the Board. Citizens from any district in Humboldt County are welcome to apply, though some appointments are district-specific.
You can also mail applications to:
Humboldt County Clerk of the Board
825 5th Street, Room 111
Eureka, CA 95501
|Alan Bongio||District email@example.com|
|Thomas Mulder||District firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Noah Levy||District email@example.com|
|Mike L Newman||District firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peggy O'Neill||District email@example.com|
- Ordinance Numbers: 2214, 1472, 1350, 1080, 932, 597, 436, 330, and 166
- Appointing Power: Board of Supervisors
- Members: 7 members (1 member from each district and 2 members at-large)
- Qualifications: Must live within District represented for District 1-5 categories
- Term: 4 years
- Function: Make decisions on planning and zoning matters