Housing and Grants
Interested in Learning More about Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs)?
As part of its Housing Forward Humboldt initiative, the Humboldt County Planning and Building Department has launched Humboldt ADU (humboldtadu.org), a website dedicated to walking you through all of the steps of developing your ADU.
Housing Forward Humboldt Community Workshop Series
Housing Forward Humboldt in the News!
A conversation between County Planner Keenan Hilton and Access Humboldt Community Voices Host Paul Bressoud on the housing challenges in Humboldt County and beyond and some of the novel approaches Humboldt County Planning and Building Department is taking to face these challenges.
Increase Housing that We Need
The Planning Division pursues funding to support:
- Home buyer assistance programs
- Owner occupied housing repair programs
- Development of multifamily housing projects
- Development of housing projects to serve seniors and those with disabilities
More information on rental, home ownership programs, and home fix-up programs is available. The homebuyer loan program waiting list is currently closed.
Support Affordable Housing
The Planning Division implements and monitors compliance for several programs:
- Measure V, the mobile home rent stabilization ordinance
- Federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) projects and programs that improve the neighborhoods for lower-income residents.
Additional Affordable Housing Services
- Find available affordable housing units and helpful resources on our Rental webpage
- Section 8 is a rental program for very low-income households. Information regarding the program should be directed to the Housing Authority of the County of Humboldt. They may be reached also by phone at 707-443-4583.
Equal Opportunity Statement
The County of Humboldt does not discriminate in housing or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, ancestry, familial status, disability, sexual orientation or medical condition. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the County of Humboldt encourages those with disabilities to participate fully in the county programs and public hearings.
If you have special needs in order to allow you to participate in this program, please contact the county, 707-268-3735 or 707-268-3798, so that we can make every reasonable effort to accommodate you.
The county is an equal opportunity lender.