Notice of Board of Supervisors Public Hearing
In the matter of Proposed Amendments to Humboldt County Code Regulating Commercial Cannabis Activities
DATE: Monday, March 19, 2018 - 9:00 am
LOCATION: Board of Supervisors Chamber
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501
On Monday beginning at 9 am, or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors will be holding a public hearing to consider the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO) and Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the proposed ordinance.
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation will be allowed to expand or occur
- Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas
- A cap on the number of cultivation permits allowed based on watersheds
More detail about the policies being reviewed at the hearings is on the county’s website.