On Sept. 7, and Sept. 21 beginning at 5 pm, or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will hold a public workshop to review proposed draft revisions to the county’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO). The workshop will include the opportunity for the Planning Commissioners and the public to comment on the proposed draft ordinance, but no action will be taken.
A public hearing is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 19 to consider the ordinance and the Draft Environmental Impact Report for the project, at which time the Planning Commission will consider making its recommendation to the Board of Supervisors.
A sampling of the principal changes to county code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (Dec. 31, 2016) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation;
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized by the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA);
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation may be allowed to occur;
- Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation; and
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas.
The draft ordinance to be reviewed at the workshops is on the county’s website.
If you have any questions or comments about the draft ordinance, please contact Steven Lazar by phone at 707-268-3741 or by email at email@example.com.
Thursday, September 7, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Thursday, September 21, 2017 - 5:00 pm
Board of Supervisors Chambers
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501