In the matter of Proposed Amendments to Humboldt County Code Regulating Commercial Cannabis Activities
DATES: Thursday, June 1, 2017 - 6:00 pm - Planning Commission
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 - 9:00 am - Board of Supervisors
LOCATION: Board of Supervisors Chamber
Humboldt County Courthouse
825 5th Street
Eureka, CA 95501
On June 1, 2017, beginning at 6 pm, or as soon thereafter as possible, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will be holding a public hearing which includes an opportunity for the public and the Planning Commission to review and comment on policy areas of proposed revisions to the County’s Commercial Cannabis Land Use Ordinance (CCLUO).
And on June 13, 2017, beginning at 9 am or as soon thereafter as possible, the Board of Supervisors will be holding a public hearing which includes an opportunity for the public and the Board to review and comment on those same CCLUO policy areas.
A sampling of the principal changes to County code being considered in the ordinance include:
- Repeal of the current permit application deadline (12/31/16) to allow for submittal of applications for commercial cannabis activities, including cultivation
- Broadening the scope of the current regulations to encompass commercial cannabis activities for recreational users authorized under the recent passage of the Adult Use of Marijuana Act (AUMA)
- Providing for a greater diversity of areas where cannabis cultivation will be allowed to expand or occur
- Developing performance standards for controlling odor impacts from cultivation
- Special requirements/limitations for projects located within spheres of influence or community areas
More detail about the policies being reviewed at the hearings is on the county’s website.
Questions can be directed to Senior Planner Steve Lazar at 707-268-3741.