Emergency Benefit Replacement

CalWORKs-eligible households
There are some non-recurring CalWORKs special needs that you may be eligible for including:

  • Payments to replace some lost household items
  • Interim assistance for those who are temporarily unable to return to their home
  • Up to $600 for interim assistance and special needs is available
  • Homeless assistance is also available for those who became homeless as a result of the earthquake. If families have used the yearly Temporary Homeless Assistance or Permanent Homeless Assistance they are eligible to an exception if they became homeless due to the earthquake. 

CalFresh-eligible households

  • CalFresh recipients who lost food due to the power outage or earthquake can request replacement benefits.
  • Current CalFresh recipients can request replacement benefits by completing the Replacement or Disaster Supplement Affidavit (CF 303)
  • When completing the form, include the date of the loss and the reason. A dollar amount of the loss can also be listed on the form but is not required. 

To apply for CalWORKs or CalFresh replacement benefits please visit one of our many office locations, log on to Benefitscal.com, or call our Call Center.

Locations/Contact information:

  • Eureka 929 Koster St., Monday-Friday,  7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. 
  • McKinleyville 1615 Heartwood Drive, Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Hoopa 535 Airport Road, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Fortuna 3306 Renner Drive, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Garberville 3156 Redwood Drive, Redway, Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., closed for lunch from noon to 1 p.m. 
  • Call Center 1-877-410-8809, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. *Please note that wait times may be longer than usual.  
  • Benefitscal.com