Foster homes are needed!
When Humboldt County children can’t be kept safe in their homes, loving foster parents are needed. You can help by opening your heart and home to a foster child.
If you are interested in helping to fulfill this need in Humboldt County, watch the video below to learn about the challenges and rewards of fostering a child or teen.
The basic requirements for becoming a foster parent include:
- Being 21 years of age or older
- Accepting the temporary nature of foster care
- Attending a foster parent orientation
- Being a team player with the goal to meet the needs of the foster youth
- Completing 24 hours of preservice training
- Meeting state licensing requirements for housing and safety
- Participating in aiding the foster youth’s transition back to his or her family or to an adoptive home