For information about COVID-19, please call Humboldt County Public Health at 1-707-445-6201 or visit Humboldt Health Alert at humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert.
- WIC: 707-445-6255
- Public Health Clinic: 707-445-6201
- Public Health Lab: 707-445-6201
- Public Health Nursing is supporting clients by phone when possible
- Environmental Health: 707-445-6215
- The Vital Statistics office is open by appointment only, please call 707-445-6201. There is a possibility of delay in issuing birth/death certificates.
For all other Public Health programs related to COVID-19, click the links below for contact information.
For non-COVID-19 Public Health programs, call 707-445-6200.
Notice of Temporary Accommodation
The following Public Health facilities are not currently in complete compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, also known as ADA.
- 317 2nd St., Eureka
- 77 Walnut Way, Willow Creek
Humboldt County is committed to serving all residents regardless of ability. If you would like assistance to enter or use this facility during business hours, please make your request in person, by calling 707-445-6200 or via email to the ADA Coordinator at ADA@co.humboldt.ca.us.
Public Health Services
Public Health is engaged in a broad range of activities designed to promote good health:
- We provide clinical and preventive services and work with local health care providers and other community partners to connect people with the resources they need.
- We educate, advise, coach, and guide people toward healthier lives for themselves and their families.
- We inspect, test, monitor, inform, and enforce regulations that help keep you safe and well.
- We work with community design professionals to make our neighborhoods more health-promoting.
- We plan and prepare for emergency situations.
- We keep vital records of changes in our population and analyze health data.
Public Health is here for everyone, from individuals and families to the community as a whole. If you would like to speak with our staff, please contact us.
Humboldt County's COVID-19 information.
The Division of Environmental Health (DEH) maintains effective programs and response to public health issues such as safe housing, safe drinking water, proper sewage disposal, proper solid waste disposal, management of hazardous materials, and emergencies.
Emergency Preparedness & Response
Emergency Preparedness and Response Program provides the tools and the staff to plan for emergency response to public health critical events.
Healthy Communities provides information and services to encourage optimum health and well-being in the Humboldt County community.
Humboldt Health Alert
Visit Humboldt Health Alert for 100-percent local information about food safety, air and water quality, communicable diseases and other important public health news and information.
Maternal, Child & Adolescent Health Programs
Maternal Child and Adolescent Health programs serve the health care needs of women of childbearing age, infants, children, teens, and their families.
Official Payments processes payments for Public Health, Public Health Clinic, and the Public Health Laboratory.
The Oral Health program focuses on providing prevention education and resources to families of children between the ages of 0 and 5 year olds. Services are also provided at elementary schools. Some services include dental screenings, cleanings, fluoride varnish and sealants for students. The program also provides support for children to receive restorative services, such as fillings, so all have healthy smiles.
Provider Communication from Public Health
Provides local medical providers with a digital version of fax-based Health Alerts and Updates that are sent out by Humboldt County Public Health.
Public Health Clinics
The Public Health Clinic offers a variety of services, including adult, travel, and child immunizations.
Public Health Data
Reports related to Humboldt County Public Health.
Public Health Laboratory
The Public Health Laboratory provides laboratory testing services and support for community health providers to aid in the diagnosis and control of communicable diseases and promote a healthy environment.
Public Health Nursing
Public Health Nursing services are available to anyone in Humboldt County. Public Health Nurses serve families and individuals to better their health.