CalFresh, 877-410-8809


Formerly called food stamps, CalFresh provides eligible households with an electronic benefits transfer (EBT) card that works just like a debit card and can be used at most grocery stores and farmers markets to ensure access to healthy foods. CalFresh is a nutrition supplement and is not intended to meet a family’s entire food need.


Individual adults and families may qualify for nutrition assistance based on a number of factors including income and family size.

New Features

  • More CalFresh on Your EBT Card in April & May, 2020 (PDF)
  • Coming soon: Use CalFresh benefits at selected online retailers with EBT Online, starting April 28, 2020. More information: English (PDF) | Spanish (PDF)
  • SSI recipients are eligible to apply for CalFresh as of June 1, 2019
  • Applications and interviews can be completed over the phone
  • EBT cards make benefits easier than ever to access
  • Property ownership no longer affects your ability to receive CalFresh.

Click on to apply.