On Wednesday, September 23, 2015, the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office along with the Department of Fish & Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, and Campaign Against Marijuana Planting (CAMP), served two Humboldt County Superior Court Search Warrants on two parcels in the Bridgeville area near McClellan Mountain. When deputies arrived on scene they contacted two individuals, arrestee Jose Guadalupe Silva-Valencia, age 31, and a second individual who fled the scene. A third individual was later spotted and fled the scene as well.
During the course of the search warrant, deputies confiscated the following items:
• 2,043 growing marijuana plants ranging in size from 4’ to 15’ tall
• 1,146.4 lbs of drying marijuana
• 20.4 lbs of packaged marijuana buds
• $11,000 in cash for possible asset forfeiture
• A firearm
• Three vehicles plus a generator
Silva-Valencia was transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility where he was booked for the following charges:
• HS11358 – Plant/Cultivate/Harvest Marijuana
• HS11359 – Possession of Marijuana for Sale
• PC12022(a)(1) – Involve Firearm: Armed or Not
• PC182(a)(1) – Conspiracy: Commit Crime
• HS11366.5(a) – Knowingly Rent/Etc. For Storage
His bail has been set at $50,000. Warrants will be sought for the two suspects who fled the scene once they are properly identified.
Anyone with information for the Sheriff’s Office regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriff’s Office at 707-445-7251 or the Sheriff’s Office Crime Tip line at 707-268-2539.