On 09-23-2015, at approximately 11:15 a.m., personnel assigned to the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Garberville Station conducted a probation search at a residence located in the 200 block of Fish Creek Road, Phillipsville. The resident, Neil Eugene Kemp (aka “Trip”), was the focus of a several month long narcotics investigation. Kemp is believed to be one of the main street suppliers of heroin to the Garberville, Redway, and other outlying areas of Southern Humboldt.
During the search of Kemp’s residence, deputies located nearly a half ounce of suspected heroin. Also located were scales, packaging material, two firearms, ammunition, $3,917 in cash, and other forms of miscellaneous drug paraphernalia.
Kemp was transported to the Humboldt County Correctional Facility where he was booked for the following charges:
• H&S 11351 Possession of a controlled substance for sales
• H&S 11370.1 Possession of a controlled substance while armed
• H&S 11364.1 Possession of drug paraphernalia
• PC 29800(a)(1) Felon in possession of a firearm
• PC 30505(a)(1) Felon in possession of ammunition
• PC 1203.2 Violation of probation
Kemp is not eligible for bail at this time due to his probation status.
Anyone with information for the Sheriffs Office regarding this case or related criminal activity is encouraged to call the Sheriffs Office at 707-445-7251 or the Sheriffs Office Crime Tip line at 707-268-2539