Sheriff Mike Downey is pleased to announce the swearing in ceremony for (8) eight new Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office employees. The new employees and their position are as follows:
1. Community Service Officer- Selena Zorrilla- Mendoza
2. Community Service Office-Shauna Soeth
3. Community Service Officer- Stacy Hanson
4. Correctional Deputy- Paul Smith
5. Correctional Deputy- Ryan Swanson
6. Animal Control Officer- Stacy Jensen
7. Property Technician- Timothy McDonald
8. Extra Help Deputy Sheriff- Jim Armstrong
Sheriff Downey also is pleased to announce the promotion of Sergeant Ernest Stewart to the rank of Lieutenant. Lieutenant Stewart has worked for the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office for 21 years. Lieutenant Stewart will be assigned to Humboldt County Sheriff /Coroner Office. Lieutenant Stewart will be the Chief Deputy Coroner/Public Administrator for the County of Humboldt.
These new employees and promotion are the direct results of Measure Z funding too increase the staffing levels for the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office. The Sheriff’s Office is committed to providing competent, effective and responsive public safety services to the citizens of Humboldt County.