Inmate Funds

Photo of inmates during free time

Inmates housed in the Humboldt County Correctional Facility use money from their Inmate Trust Account to purchase commissary items and pay for medical services. The commissary allows inmates to purchase a variety of items. Hygiene products, stationary items, playing cards, snacks, and candy are just some of the items inmates may purchase from commissary. Inmates are charged a medical co-payment in some cases to see medical staff.


Money may be placed into an inmate’s trust account by coming in person and using the Kiosk in the public lobby, by mail or by using Access Secure Deposits or calling toll free 1-866-345-1884. Cash may be deposited in person by using the Kiosk in the public lobby between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. 7 days a week. Money must be deposited no later than Sunday in order for the inmate to use the money for Commissary ordered on Monday. Family and friends can purchase commissary for inmates by going to Humboldt County Correctional Facility Access Securepak.


Money can be mailed to an inmate in the form of a U.S. Postal Money Order. Do not send Cash or Checks. Be sure to include your return address.


We do not accept property for any inmate. Court clothing can only be arranged through the inmate's attorney.

Outside the Facility
Inmates may release their property only once during their incarceration to a person outside of the facility. The inmate can only release items from their personal property bag. Clothing can not be released. Inmates may release funds from their Inmate Trust Account only once and it must be within their first seven days of incarceration. To release either funds or property, the inmate must fill out an Inmate Request Form stating to whom the property should be released. When releasing money, the inmate must state the specific amount. Next, the person named on the request form must come to the public lobby with proper identification to pick-up the property or funds. Money released will be in the form of a check.