The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office serves over 67,000 residents with four patrol stations and one correctional facility. The office has approximately 309 employees, ensuring quality services to the residents of Humboldt County. In 2018, our dispatch center took over 142,000 calls and dispatched over 62,000 calls for service, with deputies writing over 6,000 reports and making over 1,500 arrests.
The office houses several divisions, which include:
- Court Services
- Coroner-Public Administrator
- Criminal Investigations
- Sheriff’s Office of Emergency Services
- Animal Control
- Special Services such as the Drug Task Force (DTF) and the Marijuana Enforcement Team (MET).
To protect and serve our community and to earn the public’s trust through compassion and accountability.
To be the safest rural community in California where peace, justice, and freedom thrive.
Dedication Excellence Professionalism Unity Trust Integrity Engagement Service
Our Five Principles
- We are PREPARED to do what is necessary every day.
- We are trusted with the PROTECTION of our community and hold this above all else.
- We are dedicated to PREVENTION of crime and abuse of all types.
- We put an emphasis on PROBLEM SOLVING, always being innovative and solution driven.
- We seek trust and engagement through PARTNERSHIP with our employees and everyone in our community.
Policies and Procedures
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office has begun to post publicly available policies, procedures and training materials pursuant to the requirements of Senate Bill 978. The information posted here will be undergoing routine additions and will be periodically updated on this website. Any redactions you may see result only from a genuine need to withhold a procedure, tactical practice, or privacy concern for the safety of department personnel or the public.