Online Crime Reporting
Online Crime Reporting and Sheriff's Crime Tip Line
It's now easier than ever to report a crime or submit a tip to the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office by using our online portal. See below to find out what option is right for you.
If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Online Crime Report
Using this online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the report for free.
Non-emergency crimes can also be reported over the phone by calling (707) 445-7251.
The following must all be true to your situation to file an online crime report:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the Humboldt County Sheriff's Office jurisdiction.
- There are no known suspects.
- This did not occur on a State Freeway.
- I am the victim of a crime.
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online.
If you answered no to any of the questions please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
- All cases filed using the Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime per California Penal Code 148.5(a).
Online Crime Tip
This online tip form was created to allow the community to submit crime tips to our Problem Oriented Policing program. This form is not meant to report crime in which you are the victim or emergencies. Please give as much detail as possible when submitting your crime tip.
Crime tips can also be submitted over the phone by calling the Sheriff's Crime Tip Hotline at (707) 268-2539. This hotline is a secure voicemail system that is checked every day.
The following information can be submitted using this online crime tip form:
- Abandoned Vehicles
- Garbage Dumping
- Stolen Property Found / Ongoing Property Theft
- Suspected Drug House
- Suspicious Activity
- Transient Camps
- Ongoing Trespassing
- Suspect Information / Location
- Investigative Tips
- All tips submitted via the Online Crime Tip Form will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if more details are needed and contact information is provided, you may be contacted