Welcome to the Resource Library! Here you will find forms and handouts provided by the Planning & Building Department. Handouts are meant to educate you on specific topics and forms are required to be completed for permit issuance.
In addition to forms and handouts the Humboldt County GIS (paired with the Web GIS Guide) can be used to find hazards, natural resources, and other characteristics of your parcel. See the Important GIS Layers handout to see which parcel characteristics have a large effect on permit issuance for your proposed development.
At minimum your development will have to comply with County Code and California Title 24 Building Codes. Other standards may apply depending on the scope and location of your development. Below are our most used forms. To see all forms and handouts provided by the Building department, see the Building Division | Forms & Handouts page. All planning department forms are located at the Planning Division | Forms & Handouts. Below is a list of our most used forms.
Most Used Forms
- Ag (Pole) Structures in Flood Plain (PDF)
- Ag-Exempt Letter of Intent (PDF)
- As-Built Application Packet AOB (PDF)
- As-Built Application Packet Standard Permit (PDF)
- Building Application - Over The Counter ONLY (PDF)
- Building Application Form rev 10.28.2022
- Construction Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Construction Waste Management Plan
- Demolition Permit Requirements (PDF)
- Erosion and Sediment Control Plan for Small Projects Form (PDF)
- FEMA Flood Elevation Certificate Forms and Instructions (PDF)
- Generator and Transfer Switch General Checklist (PDF)
- Ground Mounted PV Plan Checklist (PDF)
- MWELO - Certification (PDF)
- Roof Mounted PV Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Safe Home Program (PDF)
- Safe Home Program AOB (PDF)
- Site Plan Checklist (PDF)
- Smoke Carbon Monoxide Self Certification Form (PDF)
To see all forms provided by the Building or Planning department, click the associated link below.