The County of Humboldt Auditor-Controller's office is responsible for calculating property tax rates, apportioning tax revenues, and maintaining the county tax rolls by processing roll corrections, issuing refunds, and applying direct charges for special districts.
Excess proceeds from tax sales are processed one year after the sale date. All claims have to be reviewed before being presented to the Board of Supervisors for approval. Once approved, claims will be paid after a mandatory 90-day waiting period. This process is lengthy and at this time our office is short-staffed which is contributing to delays. Please direct all inquires about excess proceeds to our Property Tax inbox and we will respond with information as promptly as we are able. Thank you for your patience.
Property Tax Refunds
Refunds are processed daily. Depending on the type of refund, you may be asked to sign a claim form to verify the information. All inquiries about refunds can be directed to our Property Tax inbox.
General Property Tax Information
AB Apportionment Information
Bond Rates Information
2020-21 Tax Year Reports
2019-20 Tax Year Reports
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Values by TRA (PDF)
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Values by TRA Detail (PDF)
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Values by Tax Code (PDF)
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Ad Valorem Tax Rates (PDF)
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Direct Charges Summary (PDF)
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Multi Year Rates
- Humboldt County 2019-20 Direct Charges by Tax Code (PDF)