The County of Humboldt Auditor-Controller's office is responsible for calculating property tax rates, apportioning tax revenues, and maintaining the county tax rolls by processing roll corrections, issuing refunds, and applying direct charges for special districts.
Excess proceeds from tax sales are processed one year after the sale date. All claims have to be reviewed before being presented to the Board of Supervisors for approval. Once approved, claims will be paid after a mandatory 90-day waiting period. This process is lengthy and at this time our office is short-staffed which is contributing to delays. Please direct all inquires about excess proceeds to our Property Tax inbox and we will respond with information as promptly as we are able. Thank you for your patience.
Property Tax Refunds
Refunds are processed daily. Depending on the type of refund, you may be asked to sign a claim form to verify the information. All inquiries about refunds can be directed to our Property Tax inbox.
General Property Tax Information
AB Apportionment Information
Bond Rates Information
2021-22 Tax Year Reports
2020-21 Tax Year Reports
- Humboldt County Top 25 Tax Payers 2020-21 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Taxpayers Paying 100K or More Annually 2020-21 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Multi-Year Tax Rates 2020-21 (PDF)
- Ad Valorem Tax Code Rates (PDF)
- Debt Service Rate Calculation Workpapers 2020-21 (PDF)
- Direct Charges by Tax Code 2020-21 (PDF)
- Direct Charge Tax Codes Listing 12-18-20 (PDF)
2019-20 Tax Year Reports
- Humboldt County Values by TRA 2019-20 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Values by TRA Detail 2019-20 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Values by Tax Code 2019-20 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Ad Valorem Tax Rates 2019-20 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Direct Charges Summary 2019-20 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Multi Year Rates 2019-20 (PDF)
- Humboldt County Direct Charges by Tax Code 2019-20 (PDF)