Adult Community Service Work Program

Humboldt County Superior Courts authorize community service work as an alternative to paying a fine, incarceration or as a condition of probation. Community service work is volunteer work performed at an authorized non-profit or government agency.

Sign Up
Supervised probation cases will be referred to the coordinator's office, which will mail a letter with a time and date to appear for an interview.

People not on supervised probation must follow these steps:
  • Contact the coordinator's office within 10 days of sentencing. Failure to do so will result in a case being returned to the court or a probation officer, and may result in a warrant for arrest being issued.
  • Pay any administrative fees at the revenue recovery office in the Humboldt County Courthouse at
    421 I St.
    Eureka, CA 95501

    A receipt to verify payment will be required by the coordinator.
  • Appear in person to be interviewed by the coordinator. Interviews are done each Tuesday from 9 to 11 a.m. at the coordinator's office on a first come, first served basis. Interviews take about 15 minutes and work done prior to the interview will not be counted.