FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

When can my child come home from Juvenile Hall?
If your child is detained in the Humboldt County Juvenile Hall, he/she will appear before the juvenile court for a detention hearing. During the hearing, the judge will determine if your child needs to remain detained or if he/she can be released. If the court determines your child may be released, the court can order your child released outright or the court can authorize the release at the discretion of the probation officer. If your child is authorized to be released at the discretion of the probation officer, the probation officer will review the case and you will be notified if/when your child is to be released.

If your child is to be released on home supervision, with or without the electronic monitor, your child will need to remain at home at all times unless at school or prior approval has been given by the home supervision officer. To expedite your child's release on the electronic monitor, all accessory telephone services such as caller ID, call forwarding, call waiting, answering machine, computer modem, and/or fax machine will need to be removed from your telephone line.

Show All Answers

1. Can I find out who is on probation?
2. Do I have a warrant?
3. Where is Juvenile Delinquency Court held, and when?
4. Can I get a copy of a probation report?
5. What is the difference between adult formal supervised probation and "court probation"?
6. How can I get an early termination from probation?
7. What are my rights to possess firearms if I'm on probation?
8. What can I do with an out-of-control teen?
9. What is the difference between adult probation, adult parole, and Post Release Community Supervision?
10. How do I get my adult record expunged, get a certificate of rehabilitation, and a pardon?
11. How do I get my juvenile records sealed?
12. When can my child come home from Juvenile Hall?
13. Can I vote while on parole, probation, post release community supervision (PRCS) or mandatory supervision?