FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get my juvenile records sealed?
Juvenile records aren't sealed automatically, they must be ordered sealed by the juvenile court. To begin the process, contact the Probation Department to request a Juvenile Record Sealing packet. Once the packet is returned to Probation, a probation officer will interview you, conduct an investigation, and provide a report to the court recommending whether or not your record should be sealed. You will be notified by the Probation Department of the date and time of the court hearing. There is $150 non-refundable application fee for record sealing due at the time the packet is returned to the Probation Department (a fee waiver may be granted by the court depending upon your financial situation).

If the court orders your records sealed, a copy of the order will be sent to all agencies named in the order instructing them to seal their records. The agencies will notify the court of compliance and when all agencies report they have complied with the order, the records are considered sealed.

If the court does not order your records sealed, you can complete another Juvenile Record Sealing packet at a later date.

You must go through this process for each county in which you have a record.

Show All Answers

1. Can I find out who is on probation?
2. Do I have a warrant?
3. Where is Juvenile Delinquency Court held, and when?
4. Can I get a copy of a probation report?
5. What is the difference between adult formal supervised probation and "court probation"?
6. How can I get an early termination from probation?
7. What are my rights to possess firearms if I'm on probation?
8. What can I do with an out-of-control teen?
9. What is the difference between adult probation, adult parole, and Post Release Community Supervision?
10. How do I get my adult record expunged, get a certificate of rehabilitation, and a pardon?
11. How do I get my juvenile records sealed?
12. When can my child come home from Juvenile Hall?
13. Can I vote while on parole, probation, post release community supervision (PRCS) or mandatory supervision?