The Humboldt County Public Works Department is looking to hire individuals for Extra Help Road Maintenance Worker I positions. These are temporary positions. Under close supervision, workers learn and perform a variety of duties in road maintenance, repair and construction.
Desirable Experience and Skills:
- Operating and maintaining a variety of hand and power tools and equipment used in the work.
- Properly placing cones, barricades and warning devices and directing traffic flow at job sites.
- Performing heavy physical labor.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Keeping accurate records and preparing simple reports.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid California Driver License
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical.
- Must possess sufficient strength and stamina to lift and carry objects weighing up to l00 pounds and to perform sustained heavy physical labor.
- Must be willing to work out of doors in all weather conditions, to work with exposure to traffic.
- To work overtime and off hours shifts in emergency situations.
$15.42 per hour
Click here for full job description and qualifications.
Applications can be picked up at the Public Works Administration Office at 1106 2nd Street, Eureka, CA 95501, Monday through Friday, 8:00am to Noon and 1:00pm to 5:00pm.