FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I search the Official Records online?

Currently, the Humboldt County Recorder’s Office does not offer our Index available online.  Searches of our Index must be done in person in our lobby located at 825 Fifth Street, Fifth Floor, Eureka, California.  Any member of the public may search on our public computers and purchase documents.  If you are unable to come into our office, you may hire a local abstractor to search for you.

Show All Answers

1. What types of documents can be recorded?
2. How do I transfer Title?
3. Will the Recorder’s Office help me prepare my document?
4. What is documentary transfer tax?
5. How do I release a Lien?
6. What does the Recorder’s office mean by “document is not legible?”
7. What is a Conformed Copy?
8. How do I find out what has been recorded on a particular property?
9. How do I obtain a copy of a document?
10. How can I search the Official Records online?
11. What happens to my document after it is recorded?
12. May I use an INFORMATIONAL ONLY Death Certificate as an attachment on my Affidavit of Death recording?