Humboldt County Public Health and other approved local vaccinators have administered 66,648 doses of COVID-19 vaccine, an increase of 9,322 doses since last week’s report.
Vaccination data has been updated on the Humboldt County Data Dashboard. Some highlights include:
- 26,085 local residents are fully vaccinated, which represents 19.2% of the county’s total estimated population and about 23.2% of county residents who are 16 and over and currently qualify for vaccination.
- Nearly 1 in 3 or 31.6% of the county’s total population has received at least one dose of vaccine, meaning they have some protection against the virus.
- Of those most susceptible to severe illness — people age 75 and over — 62.5% are fully vaccinated and 78.2% have received at least one dose.
Go to humboldtgov.org/Dashboard to access the Dashboard. To view vaccine data only, visit humboldtgov.org/VaccineData.
7 New Cases Reported Today
A total of 3,507 Humboldt County residents have tested positive for COVID-19 after seven new cases were reported today.
President Joe Biden has directed states to open vaccination to all residents on April 19, but the State of California has already announced that all residents age 16 and over will be open to vaccination sooner on Thursday, April 15.
As of today, vaccination is open to the following age groups and workforces:
- Age 50 and over
- Age 16 to 64 at higher risk
- Food and agriculture
- Emergency services
- K-12 and early education, child care
- Higher education
- Health care
- Other high-risk occupations.
For details about high-risk factors and job categories that qualify for vaccination, visit https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/VaccineAllocationGuidelines.aspx.
Registering for and scheduling vaccination appointments is now being handled through the State of California’s My Turn system. Go to myturn.ca.gov to sign up as appointments become available.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 707-441-5000.
Some Safeway, CVS Pharmacy, Rite Aid and Walgreen’s locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments. Learn who is eligible for vaccination and see if there are appointments available for your age group or sector at one of these locations by clicking on the links below.
CVS Pharmacy: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine
Rite Aid: https://www.riteaid.com/covid-19
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert