Twenty-one new cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Humboldt County since the most recent report on Friday. The total number of county residents who have tested positive for the virus now stands at 3,370.
Humboldt County Public Health will hold two large-scale COVID-19 vaccination clinics this week, in partnership with local health care providers, and expects to administer approximately 1,300 doses. More than 600 of these clinic spaces are reserved for second doses.
Clinic appointments are still by invitation only. To fill appointments available to those ages 65 and older, Public Health is using information submitted through the online interest form based on vaccine priorities outlined by the state.
To access the Interest Form:
Other local approved vaccinators are reaching out directly to their qualifying patients to schedule vaccination appointments.
Groups now prioritized for vaccination include:
- Age 65 and over – All county residents in this age group qualify.
- Emergency services – All law enforcement, fire and medical first responders, including volunteer and paid personnel.
- K-12 and early education, child care – All staff, paid and volunteer, who work in a K-12 or early childhood education setting as educators or support staff. This includes aides and office staff as well as transportation, custodial, cafeteria and maintenance workers.
- Higher education – All educators and support staff.
- Phase 1A health care – All workers in this sector.
- Those 16-64 with specific high-risk medical conditions or disabilities — County residents deemed to be at the very highest risk to get sick from COVID-19 qualify.
Vaccination priorities are set by the State of California, and the ability to vaccinate additional groups remains strictly limited by available supply. Without a significant increase in weekly allocation, it will be months before Humboldt County will have enough doses to vaccinate everyone in these sectors and age groups.
For the most recent COVID-19 information, visit cdc.gov or cdph.ca.gov. Local information is available at humboldtgov.org or during business hours by contacting email@example.com or calling 707-441-5000.
Some Safeway and CVS Pharmacy locations are offering COVID-19 vaccination appointments in partnership with the county and federal government, respectively. Learn who is eligible for vaccination and sign up for an appointment at one of these locations by clicking on the links below.
CVS Pharmacy: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-link2-coronavirus-vaccine.
Local COVID-19 vaccine information: humboldtgov.org/VaccineInfo
Humboldt County COVID-19 Data Dashboard: humboldtgov.org/Dashboard
Follow us on Facebook: @HumCoCOVID19
Humboldt Health Alert: humboldtgov.org/HumboldtHealthAlert