Order of the Health Officer to Require Members of the Public to Wear Facial Coverings
In effect beginning, Friday, April 24 until changed or lifted.
When should I wear facial coverings?
- Before entering any building
- Before entering any enclosed open space
- Outdoors when six feet of distance from other people can’t be maintained at all times.
Who is exempt from wearing facial coverings?
- Children under age 2
- People who have trouble breathing
- Anyone who cannot remove the facial covering without help from someone else.
Why is this order in place?
- Facial coverings are meant to protect the public from the user in case the user is infected and not yet displaying symptoms
- Facial coverings may reduce the risk of transmission of this virus by limiting the spread of these droplets from the wearer to other people
- Facial coverings are not a substitute for social distancing.
Contact the Humboldt County Joint Information Center by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 707-441-5000. Spanish speakers are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Mask Making Ideas
The attached PDF contains the information contained here as well as guidance on making masks. A version in Spanish (PDF) is also available.