Humboldt County Emergency communications centers are experiencing an extraordinary call volume related to non-emergency inquiries about the novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As this is a rapidly evolving situation, we understand your concerns and need for information to help protect your family. We’d like to remind the public that 9-1-1 should only be used in the case of emergency. This is to ensure that those who need immediate, life-saving help can get the attention they need without delay.
Residents who suspect they may have symptoms related to COVID-19 should:
• First, complete the COVID self-assessment tool, which can be found at: https://www.providence.org/patients-and-visitors/coronavirus-advisory
• If directed by the tool, contact your medical provider;
• If responding to an Emergency Room (ER) for evaluation, call the ER prior to your arrival.
You should call 9-1-1 if:
• You are experiencing a high temperature and shortness of breath requiring immediate Emergency Medical Services;
• You are reporting a life-threatening emergency.
For non-medical inquiries related to COVID-19, please contact the Humboldt County COVID-19 Information Line at 707-441-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a local business or have questions related to the Shelter in Place Order and your business, please contact the COVID Business Information Line at 707-268-2527.