Calendar module icon


View All Calendars is the default. Choose Select a Calendar to view a specific calendar. Subscribe to calendar notifications by clicking on the Notify Me button, and you will automatically be alerted about the latest events in our community.

Event Details

Return to Previous

January 15, 2019
All Day
Time Details:
Kids can get their overdue fines erased one time each, at any point from now to the end of June.
Free! Funding is provided through a grant from the County Department of Health and Human Services.
Facebook Twitter Email

January through June! One-time Special Overdue Fine Forgiveness for Kids.

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

From January to June, 2019 (or until our grant funding runs out), the Library can waive overdue fines & replace a lost library card for children 8 and under - and even for other children in their households. Each child can do this just once between now and June. Come to any branch of the Humboldt County Public Library and make those overdue fines go away!

Do you love your library ...but NOT your children's overdue fines? 
Then check out Humboldt County Library’s January to June

All kinds of children and parents are happy when they use the library!

How Does It Work?

This is a special program to help young children.  It allows the library to waive overdue book fines for any child ages 0-8 on a one-time basis, thanks to a grant from the County Department of Health and Human Services.  It gives a child's library card a fresh start.

Plus, we can erase overdue fines for other kids who are under 18 - but only when they live in the same house with kids aged 8 and under.  That's because the grant-givers see that this helps the whole family.

Children can also get a card replaced for free.

What About Lost or Damaged Materials?

This grant does not pay the fines for when a child has lost or damaged library materials. It only helps with overdue fines.  If a child owes fines for loss or damage, their card will still be blocked and you cannot check out until those fines are cleared.

You may ask us to clear any overdue fines that are part of the child's bill for the lost or damaged items, though, to reduce the total amount owed.