Each year, the County of Humboldt’s Fish & Game Advisory Commission awards grant funds to local projects with revenues received from state fish and wildlife code violation fines.
This program, known as the Humboldt County Fish & Game Grant Program, is currently accepting proposals.
To be considered for a Humboldt County Fish & Game Grant Program award, projects must have as its purpose the protection, conservation, propagation or preservation of fish and wildlife in Humboldt County. Project activities must be limited to one or more of the following:
- Public education relating to the scientific principles of fish and wildlife conservation and operation of nature study facilities.
- Temporary emergency treatment and care of injured or orphaned wildlife.
- Breeding, raising, purchasing, or releasing fish or wildlife.
- Improvement of fish or wildlife habitat.
- Purchasing and maintaining materials, supplies, or equipment for ownership or use by the California Department of Fish and Wildlife (CDFW) in the normal performance of its duties.
- Predator control actions for the benefit of fish or wildlife following certification in writing by the CDFW that the proposed actions will significantly benefit a particular wildlife of fish species.
- Scientific fish and wildlife research conducted by institutions of higher learning or governmental agencies, if approved by the CDFW.
Applications must be submitted by mail and postmarked by Wednesday, July 13.
Those with interest in applying are encouraged to email Humboldt County Fish & Game Advisory Commission Secretary Nancy Kaytis-Slocum Heitz at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For more information on the Humboldt County Fish & Game Grant Program and to learn more on how to apply, please visit the Humboldt County Fish & Game Advisory Commission web page.