News Flash

County Administrative Office

Posted on: February 8, 2021

County of Humboldt Seeks Members for Planning Commission, Measure Z Committee


If you have ever wanted to play a vital role in the decision making for our community, the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors are seeking members for the Planning Commission and the Measure Z Citizen Advisory Committee.

Planning Commission

The Humboldt County Planning Commission has an open seat and members of the public are invited to apply. The Planning Commission is the county’s planning agency, made up of seven individuals appointed by the Board of Supervisors to review and act on matters related to planning and development. 

The open seat is an at-large position, meaning that anyone who lives in Humboldt County can apply. The Planning Commission meets from 6 – 9 p.m. on the first and third (as needed) Thursday of every month. 

Applicants do not need to have prior land use experience. Commissioners work with Planning & Building staff to advise the Board of Supervisors on all planning and development issues, and will assure that the county’s General Plan is implemented by reviewing development applications on a case-by-case basis.

Citizens’ Advisory Committee on Measure Z Expenditures

The Citizens’ Advisory Committee on Measure Z Expenditures also has an open seat for an at-large position. Terms are 4 years and the committee includes nine members, seven of which are voting members and two serve as alternates. Meetings will begin on Thursday, March 4 at 2 p.m. 

Measure Z is a half-cent sales tax that was created for maintaining and improving services for the public. The committee reviews applications and conducts public hearings to examine various proposals. The committee then recommends the selected projects for funding to the County Administrative Office for approval by the Board of Supervisors. 

The deadline to apply for both committees is Feb. 17 at 5 p.m., and the Board is scheduled to consider making the appointment on Tuesday, Feb. 23. 

How to Apply

If you are interested, please fill out an application by emailing the Clerk of the Board’s Office. Once your application is complete, turn it in to the Clerk of the Board’s Office at the following address:

Humboldt County Clerk of the Board

825 5th Street, Room 111

Eureka, CA 95501


For more information, contact:

Kathy Hayes

Clerk of the Board


Other News in County Administrative Office


Election Results - Final Election Reports

Posted on: November 21, 2023
Scam Alert

Beware of Online Parcel Scams

Posted on: May 5, 2023

Board Cancels April 7 Meeting

Posted on: March 17, 2020

Board Chambers Closed to the Public

Posted on: March 25, 2020

Board Cancels March 24 Meeting

Posted on: March 17, 2020

PG&E power outage Tuesday evening UPDATE

Posted on: October 29, 2019