On Thursday, September 19, 2019 at 6:00 p.m., or as soon thereafter as the matter can be heard, the Humboldt County Planning Commission will hold a public hearing in the Board of Supervisors' Chambers, Humboldt County Courthouse, 825 Fifth Street, Eureka, California, to consider the following amendments to the Humboldt County Zoning Maps to be consistent with the 2017 Humboldt County General Plan for areas outside the Blue Lake, Fieldbrook-Glendale, and Willow Creek Community Planning Areas and the McKinleyville Town Center Area:
- Mixed Use Zones applied to areas with MU - Mixed Use, VC - Village Center, or RCC - Rural Community Center General Plan designations,
- “TL - Tribal Land” Zone will be applied to the areas with a “TTL - Tribal Trust Lands” or a “TL - Tribal Lands” Land Use designation that are not zoned "TPZ"; and
- “WR - Streamside Management Areas and Wetlands” Combining Zone will be applied to properties designated by the General Plan as Streamside Management Areas and/or Wetlands;
- “RR - Railroad” Combining Zone applied to railroad rights of way held by the North Coast Railroad Authority, and those along the former Annie and Mary Railroad rail corridor between Arcata and Blue Lake,
- “MR - Mineral Resources” Combining Zone will be applied to parcels with permitted surface mining operations; and
- Specific zones are proposed to be assigned to all areas currently zoned “U - Unclassified” and other changes to the Zoning Maps are also proposed to provide consistency with the General Plan where the General Plan Land Use was changed and the existing Zone is inconsistent or where there was already an inconsistency between the General Plan & Zone.
Background information can be found at the Planning and Building Department at 3015 H Street, Eureka, and on the county’s website.
The proposed rezone mapping can be viewed using the Humboldt County webGIS (Select "Jurisdictional Boundaries and Land Use > Planning Layers > Draft GPU Zones" from the "Layer List").
For more information, contact John Miller Senior Planner, at 707-268-3781 or email him.