June 14, 2020
Much less than usual, thanks to a special subsidy from the State of California.
Need Help Paying for Child Care? Aid Now Available for 'Essential Workers' & At-Risk Families
Sunday, June 14, 2020
Changing Tides Family Services wants you to know that special subsidized child care services are now available for Essential Workers and at-risk children and families. This is for child care outside the home, and can help pay for new child care or care you already are using. Services are temporary and can only be provided until June 30th, 2020 or until the State of Emergency has ended, whichever occurs first.
Emergency Child Care Details
Who is an 'Essential Worker'?
For a full list, please see the Essential Workers List or call Changing Tides.
Many workers fall under this definition. This includes medical personnel, first responders, public health employees, public works employees, postal service, and workers in construction, grocery stores, pharmacies, restaurants, farm workers, delivery services, food banks, social services, IT services, financial services, state, local, and tribal government workers.
What is the Eligibility for Emergency Temporary Child Care?
If you are an essential worker as defined by the list, then you are eligible to enroll in subsidized Emergency Child Care, subject to capacity, if all of the following apply
- · If the family includes a two-parent household, both parents/caregivers must either be essential workers or the other parent must be unable to provide care for the child due to incapacitation
- · the family requires childcare to perform their essential work
- · the family is not able to complete their work remotely
- · the family assets do not exceed $1,000,000 (one-million dollars)
Families who meet these requirements are eligible to receive Emergency Child Care services through June 30, 2020. Families enrolling as an essential worker will need to complete a brief application and self-certify their income.
How Do You Access These Services?
For more information and to apply, please visit the Changing Tides website at www.changingtidesfs.org or the Essential Worker Portal directly. You can also call 707-444-8293, email email@example.com, or message Changing Tides on Facebook to start the process with a brief application.
- Please let Changing Tides know if you need to find a child care provider, are interested in payment for child care, or both.
Changing Tides is here to help!