- Breeze - California's Online Application System for many business and professional licenses.
- California Business Resources - Agencies you may need to check with when starting or conducting a business.
- Census Business Builder - Economic Data for Starting or Growing a Business, from Census.gov
- Checklist for Starting a Business in Humboldt, from the North Coast Small Business Development Center
- EDGAR - Data on businesses and companies from the Securities Exchange Commission.
FRED: Federal Reserve Economic Data
Economic and financial data over time. Consumer Price Index, Real GDP, Industrial Production Index, 10 Year Treasury Rate, Unemployment, Payroll Employment, etc.
- Humboldt Manufacturers' Directory - local resources for production, from raw or recycled materials to machining, sewing, molding, pneumatics, 3-D printing, laser cutting, packaging and more.
- North Coast Small Business Development Center - Helpful information and support from local business experts. Workshops, mentoring, online resources, more.
- Public Register Online - a free source of annual reports. You must sign up to use the free service; expect email as a result.
- SCORE Free business mentoring and education, with live and recorded webinars as well as interactive courses and experienced volunteer mentors.
- Small Business Loans in Humboldt County - many great local businesses get their start with a Redwood Region Economic Development Commission loan.
- ThomasNet - The Thomas Register of American Manufacturers. Find out who makes what all over the United States.
- Video tutorials at Khan Academy - Free video tutorials on topics including banking, finance, current economics, the credit crisis, currency and trade, venture capital, plus personal finance topics such as mortgages, renting vs buying, IRAs, and much more.
- Yahoo Small Business - Information and ideas for business startups, ongoing business concerns, and growth.