Resource Documents for Partners and Community
The Department of Health & Human Services has many useful documents and resource sheets to help partners and the community understand and navigate DHHS Behavioral Health services.
- List of Behavioral Health Programs
One-page list of programs with addresses and phone numbers
- Children's Behavioral Health Road Map
One-page visual guide to services for children
- Adult Behavioral Health Road Map
One-page visual guide to services for adults
- Crisis Continuum of Care Map
A visualization of the 5150 process
- DHHS Crisis Sheet
One-page sheet with crisis referral information, including Child Welfare Services and other non-Behavioral Health programs
- Behavioral Health Services and Programs
Six-page document with descriptions of various programs.
DHHS Behavioral Health is Humboldt County’s Mental Health Plan, which covers specialty mental health services for Medi-Cal members who meet medical necessity requirements. The services of the providers at DHHS are required by and paid for by Medi-Cal. Some non-specialty mental health services are provided through Partnership HealthPlan of California.
- Mental Health Plan - Beneficiary Handbook
The full member handbook, with lots of information about all aspects of accessing services.
- Partnership HealthPlan of California Member Handbook
Partnership handbook mentions Mental Health Services on page 51.
- Access is the interview that acts as the “doorway” for adults to receive outpatient Behavioral Health services when they are not already a DHHS Behavioral Health client. To make an appointment, call 707-268-2900 or 707-268-2945 or visit 720 Wood St. in Eureka.
- Healthy Moms
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Hope Center
- Sempervirens: hearings, etc.
- Children's Behavioral Health
- Patients' Rights Advocacy Services
- Applying for Health Care Coverage
The audience for these documents is DHHS staff, partners and providers looking for basic introductory information to talk with customers, clients, patients and community members. These documents are not meant to give detailed information and are not technical. They are not written with the direct customer or client as the audience; however customers may find them useful as reference documents.
- Behavioral Health: General Information
This is a general Information sheet explaining who is eligible to Behavioral Health services, how to access services and some frequently asked questions.
- Behavioral Health: Concerns & Grievances
This info sheet covers complaints, concerns, comment cards, grievances and more.
- Info Sheet: Introduction to Medi-Cal
This info sheet covers applying for Medi-Cal.
- Brochures available upon request: call 707-268-2900.
- Access brochure
- Healthy Moms Program brochure
- Hearings at Sempervirens
- Mental Health and Substance Use Disorder Services brochure
- Hope Center brochure
- Sempervirens visitor's guide
- Children's Behavioral Health brochure
- Patients' Rights Advocacy services guide
- Applying for Health Care Coverage bifold
- Release of Information (ROI)
The ROI must be authorized by the client or their legal authority
- Grievance/Appeal Form
Need more information on this? Check out the Guide to the Grievance process.
- Request for change of provider
If the provider is not a good fit or meeting client's needs, complete this form.