Sempervirens Joint Conference Committee
The Joint Conference Committee (JCC) acts as the Governing Body for *Sempervirens (SV), a 16-bed Psychiatric Health Facility (PHF) that provides 24-hour, seven day a week inpatient care to individuals requiring psychiatric hospitalization, operated by DHHS’s Behavioral Health Branch.
The JCC is made up of the Behavioral Health Director, two assigned members from the Board of Supervisors, as well as the Behavioral Health Medical Director, Deputy Director, Quality Improvement Coordinator and the Hospital Administrator for SV.
The duties of the JCC are:
- To conduct itself as a forum for the discussion of matters of facility policy and practice, especially those pertaining to efficient and effective patient care and to liaise with the Governing Body and the Medical Staff
- To review all SV audits, findings and corrective action plans from Behavioral Health’s regulatory bodies (the California Department of Health Care Services and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services via the California Department of Public Health)
- To consider issues of medical and administrative importance
- To review and approve medical staff credentialing and key staff appointments such as Hospital Administrator and Clinical Director
- To review Sempervirens Continuous Quality Improvement activities such as workplans and subcommittee activities
- To review SV contracts
- To consider Policies & Procedures pertaining to SV
This committee meets as necessary and at least once a year.
*Sempervirens is a Laterman-Petris-Short designated facility that has been in continuous operation for more than 50 years. It is the only Acute Psychiatric Inpatient Hospital on the northern coast of California. Sempervirens is licensed both as a PHF by the California Department of Health Care Services and as an Acute Psychiatric Hospital by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Sempervirens is one of only two free-standing psychiatric hospitals in the State of California, also known as a “Super-PHF,” distinguished from other PHFs by its ability to receive Medicare reimbursements.
- Sept, 2, 2021 Joint Conference Committee meeting agenda (PDF)
- Executive Summaries for JCC (PDF)
- E - 2018 Triennial Plan of Correction (PDF)
- E - 2019 Licensing Review Plan of Correction (PDF)
- E - 2019 Licensing Review Plan of Correction Approval Letter (PDF)
- E - CMS Audit Preparation Table of Contents (PDF)
- F - Bylaws (PDF)
- G - Medication Monitoring Plan (PDF)
- G - Peer Review Plan (PDF)
- G - SV CQI Work Plan (PDF)
- G - SV CQI Work Plan Data Dashboard (PDF)
- G - Utilization Review Plan (PDF)
- H - SV Contracts Report (PDF)
- I - Policy and Procedure Report (PDF)
- I - Policy and Procedures (PDF)
- J - Provider credentialing report (PDF)