Guidance for Industry and Events
California’s “Stay Home Order” and the “Blueprint for a Safer Economy” have been lifted by Gov. Gavin Newsom, removing nearly all COVID-19 safety precautions for residents and businesses throughout the state. The State Public Health Officer Order of June 11 outlines ongoing safety measures, and the State Public Health Officer Order of July 26 outlines vaccination verification or testing requirements for state employees and employees in specified health care and high-risk congregate settings.
Guidance for Facial Coverings
A Universal Masking Order is in effect in Humboldt County as of Aug. 7, 2021.
Regardless of vaccination status, all people age two and older are required to mask in:
- All indoor public spaces
- Outdoor spaces that are crowded or where people cannot maintain physical distance of six feet or more
- Outdoor public events.
Additionally, masking is recommended but not required in private settings.
Scroll down for printable signage to display at your business, to notify the public of your masking policy.
Guidance for Gatherings
Guidance for Mega-Events
For information on requirements for mega-events (5,000 people or more), please refer to CDPH’s Beyond the Blueprint for Industry and Business Sectors guidance document.
Guidance for Youth Settings
Youth settings — including K-12 schools, day camps, overnight camps and childcare — must continue to follow applicable state guidance. For more information, see the state’s Safely Reopening California webpage.
Regulations in the Workplace
California workplaces are regulated by the Division of Occupational Safety and Health, better known as Cal/OSHA. Cal/OSHA revised COVID-19 safety regulations for California employers.
Businesses and employers are urged to review Cal/OSHA’s COVID-19 Emergency Temporary Standards, Information and Resources webpage.
Printable masking policy signage:
For more information:
- State Public Health Officer Order of June 11, 2021:
- Safely Reopening California:
- CDPH Guidance for the Use of Face Coverings:
- CDPH Face Coverings Q&A:
- Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards, Information and Resources webpage: dir.ca.gov/dosh/coronavirus/ETS.html
- Cal/OSHA Emergency Temporary Standards FAQ:
- CDC Guidance for organizing large events and gatherings:
- Humboldt County COVID-19 FAQs