Candidate Filing Documents

Instructions for Filing Candidacy Papers for District Board Seats

Candidates must complete and file candidacy papers with the Humboldt County Office of Elections. To request candidacy papers, candidates must complete and submit an Acknowledgement of Receipt of Instructions & Request for Candidacy Filing Documents form. The request form can be returned by email, fax, mail, or in person as follows:

Fax:     707-445-7204
Mail or In Person Walk-in:    2426th Street, Eureka, CA 95501
In Person Appointment:       Call 707-445-7481 to schedule.

Upon receipt of the request form, the Office of Elections will distribute candidacy papers to the candidate by (1) email, (2) mail, or (3) in person at the Office of Elections, per the method indicated on the request form. Candidates will not be charged a fee to file candidacy papers.  

Expect completion of the candidacy papers to take a minimum of one hour. Your candidate packet includes all of the required documents listed below and some of the optional ones. If you have any questions as you fill them out, call the Office of Elections for assistance at 707-445-7481. If an incumbent does not file candidacy papers by August 6, 2021, the candidacy period for that office will be extended to August 11, 2021. 

Candidates must sign candidacy papers either in the presence of a Notary Public or in person by appointment at the Office of Elections.

Candidates are encouraged to complete and file candidacy papers as early as possible. 

Important: Candidates must return fully completed wet-signature original candidacy papers to the Office of Elections (located at 2426 6th Street, Eureka, CA 95501) by the close of the candidacy period to complete candidacy filing. Candidates are encouraged to additionally email scanned copies of their signed candidacy papers to the Office of Elections at prior to mailing originals to facilitate early review.

Candidate Packet Forms

Campaigns and Committees 

In addition to the required forms above, campaigns and committees are required to file the following forms: