On Feb. 23, 2021, the Board of Supervisors directed staff to prepare documentation to establish an Audit Committee. The purpose was for the Board to provide leadership on audit and other important fiscal matters to ensure good stewardship of public resources. The primary function of the Audit Committee (the Committee) is to assist the Board of Supervisors in its oversight of:
- The integrity of the county’s financial statements
- The systems of internal controls, policies and procedures
- The qualifications and independence of the county’s external auditor (the Independent Auditors”), and
- The performance of the county’s corrective action plans.
All members of the Audit Committee shall be independent and possess or obtain a basic understanding of governmental financial reporting or auditing. The Committee shall have access to the services of at least one Accounting Expert, either a voting-Committee member or an outside party engaged by the Committee for this purpose. Committee members shall serve without compensation.
The Audit Committee shall consist of 5 voting members and County Advisory Staff, who will serve an advisory role.
- Formed March 16, 2021 by Board Order
- Resolution 21-30
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meeting. Minutes are available following approval.
View All Agendas and Minutes