Humboldt County: Growing Our Own
Are you a student or recent graduate with a passion for service to others, an interest in learning more about your local government, and a desire to gain practical experience in the job market? Then the Humboldt County Administrative Office may have a position for you! We offer a range of opportunities for students at all levels.

High School Students
If you are currently enrolled in high school, you may become a volunteer Intern in our office. These unpaid internships provide high school students with up to 10 hours per week (20 hours during school breaks) of experience working in a professional office environment. For information on volunteering as a high school intern, please email us.

College Students
Undergraduate students in college can work for the office as a Student Professional Worker. These paid part-time positions provide up to 20 hours per week (40 hours during school breaks) at a competitive salary. Reporting directly to a senior staff member, this level of intern works on a range of projects such as tracking state and federal legislation affecting Humboldt County, researching budgetary information and drafting policy documents You can fill out an interest card for this position, and we will contact you when openings occur.