Christmas Card Contest
About the Contest
The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office Christmas Card Contest is a drawing competition for children in Humboldt County. One winner from Humboldt County will be selected as the artwork for the HCSO’s Official 2020 Christmas Card.
How to Enter
2. Submit your entry online here or in person at HCSO Main Station.
Entry Period: November 1 - November 29, 2020
Eligibility: Ages 15 or younger
Theme: “A Sheriff’s Office Christmas”
How to Enter
Participants may create an entry on a contest drawing page. If unable to download this drawing page, entry packets will be available at HCSO Main Station in Eureka or you may also create your entry on an 8.5 x 11-inch sheet of unlined, white paper. Drawing sheet must be accompanied by the entry form, signed by a parent or guardian if submitting entry in person or via mail.
Submit your entry online at: https://tinyurl.com/HCSOContest
Or return entry form in person or by mail to the Sheriff’s Office Main Station: 826 4th Street, Eureka
- All entries must be accompanied by an entry form.
- All entry forms must be signed by the entrant’s parent/guardian.
- Entrant must live in Humboldt County.
- Entrant must be age 15 or younger at time of entry.
- By participating in the contest, each entrant grants the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office the right to use such entrant’s name, age, city of residence, and publication of artwork in all media for advertising and promotional purposes, as well as on the website or future contests.
- One entry per person. No substitutions or new versions of submission will be accepted under any circumstances once the original entry is submitted for consideration.
- Any submission that is considered by the Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office at its sole and absolute discretion to be objectionable, in whole or in part, will be disqualified and will not be eligible for entry.
- Entries should be original artwork. Copyrighted content will be disqualified.
- Submissions will not be returned or acknowledged. Proof of submission is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt of such entry. The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office shall have no liability for any submission that is lost, intercepted, or not received for any reason.
Failure to abide by above contest rules will result in disqualification.
Winner Selection and Notification
Artwork will be judged on originality, creativity and concept, and will be selected by Sheriff’s Office staff.
Winner will be announced on Sheriff's Office Social Media channels (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram) as well as on this website, the first week of December. Winners will also be notified personally via US Mail.
The winner of this contest's artwork will be featured on the HCSO 2020 Christmas Card (sent to other state Sheriff's Office's, state representatives and local organizations). Christmas Card will include winner's name, city of residency, and age as the creator of the artwork.
Other prizes may be given, including HCSO recruitment materials (stickers, pencils, informational packets, etc.).
Humboldt County Sheriff's Office
ATTN: Samantha Karges, PIO
826 4th St.
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone and Email
Have a question about this contest? Contact HCSO Public Information Specialist Samantha Karges at 707-476-2448 or email@example.com.