The Library Can Now Offer Curbside Service!
Request up to 4 items online or by phone. The library will let you know when they are ready for pickup.
When you come for your delivery, call your branch library's phone number or, at Eureka Main, call 707-269-1940.
Wait safely in your vehicle or safe spot near the parking lot. while your delivery is brought outside and placed in its pick-up spot.
Wait for staff to go back in the door before leaving your vehicle to pick up your delivery.
Return items in the book drop if it is unlocked. If it is locked keep the items and call for instructions.
Due dates are as usual. Check online or call the library if you need exact dates.
Follow the steps shown here to get the books, movies, and other library materials you can now take home.
While our buildings are closed, the library can now offer curbside service.
This service plan has been approved by the Humboldt County Department of Health, and is designed to meet the safety needs of library users and library staff, while providing you with the library materials you have been waiting for!
Please read the steps below to learn how to use curbside service at the library.
First, Request Books, Movies, Music...
Please do this in advance for efficient service.
- Use the library catalog to request up to 4 items be reserved for you.
- Or, call your library branch to request up to 4 items by phone.
The Library Will Notify You
When your items are ready to pick up, the library will alert you, using the contact information in your library account. If you’re not sure whether that is up to date, please call the library or check your account online so you know you will get the alert when your books are ready!
Then, Pick Up Your Curbside Delivery
1. When you arrive at the library to pick up your items, stop your car in the parking lot. (No car? Please wait in a safe area in or near the parking lot and follow the instructions below without the car.)
2. Please remain there, and call the library to let the staff know that you have arrived. You will see a sign with the number to call. (No phone? See Frequently Asked Questions below.)
3. When your delivery is brought outside, please stay in your car.
4. Wait until staff go back inside the library, then pick up your delivery.
5. If you are returning books, put them in the book drop. If the book drop is locked, please keep the books and call the library to find out how to return them.
The items in your delivery are already checked out for you.
- What if I'm not coming to the library by car?
- Are all my library items due right now? How much time do I have to return my items?
- How and when can I return library materials?
- I don't have a mobile phone. How can I let staff know I'm at the library for my delivery?
- I have mobility issues and can't reach the pickup spot. How can I arrange pickup?