The Library Can Now Offer Curbside Service!
Request up to 4 items online or by phone. Add a Grab Bag if you like, for up to 10 more items.The library will let you know when they are ready for pickup.
When you come for your delivery, call your branch library's phone number or, at Eureka Main, call 707-269-1940.
Wait safely in your vehicle or safe spot near the parking lot. while your delivery is brought outside and placed in its pick-up spot.
Wait for staff to go back in the door before leaving your vehicle to pick up your delivery.
Return items in the book drop if it is unlocked. If it is locked keep the items and call for instructions.
Due dates are as usual. Check online or call the library if you need exact dates.
First, Request Books, Movies, Music...
Please do this in advance for efficient service.
- Here's how to use the library catalog to request up to 4 items be reserved for you.
- Or, you can call your library branch to request up to 4 items by phone.
- You can also ask for a grab bag! A grab bag may contain up to 10 items, selected by library staff. This can be in addition to your 4 specific items above.
The Library Will Notify You
When Hold Requests are Ready
The library will tell you when your items can be picked up, using the contact information in your library account. If you’re not sure whether your contact information is up to date, please call the library or check your account online so you will get the alert when your books are ready!
When Grab Bags will be Ready
If we tell you your grab bag will be 'ready next day', we'll call you only if there's a change. Otherwise you can expect that bag to be waiting for you the next day the library is open.
Then, Pick Up Your Curbside Delivery
1. When you arrive at the library to pick up your items, stop your car in the parking lot. (No car? Please wait in a safe area in or near the parking lot. You can follow the instructions below without a car.)
2. Please remain there, and call the library to let the staff know that you have arrived. You will see a sign with the number to call. (No phone? See the Frequently Asked Questions below.)
3. When your delivery is brought outside, please stay in your car.
4. Wait until staff go back inside the library, then pick up your delivery.
5. If you are returning books, put them in the book drop. ’Zip Books’ must be returned securely packaged in a ziplock bag or padded mailer. If the book drop is locked, please keep your books and call the library to find out how to return them.
The items in your delivery are already checked out for you.
- What if I'm not coming to the library by car?
- Are tax forms available for curbside delivery?
- I don't have a mobile phone. How can I let staff know I'm at the library for my delivery?
- I have mobility issues and can't reach the pickup spot. How can I arrange pickup?
- How and when can I return library materials?