Main Level

Main Level6. South Meeting Room5. Memorial Hall7. North Meeting Room9. Lounge4. Lobby8. New Meeting Room

Click on a number in the floor plan to view details, or return to the virtual tour menu.

4. Lobby

The lobby has been restored to its original grandeur. Decorative architectural plasterwork and painting were restored, and the terrazzo gray and brown floor with marble chips was refinished. A memorial placard to Humboldt County Vietnam War Veterans from 1964-1975 adorns the south wall. A memorial placard for Humboldt County World War II Veterans who lost their lives from 1941-1945 adorns the north wall.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

5. Memorial Hall

Continuing into the lobby through the newly accessible mahogany doors is the Memorial Hall. The original maple flooring has been refurnished and replaced where needed. Lining the walls is the original seating and the pendant lights still hang from the ceiling. The walls have their original cast plaster ornamentation. The ceiling, at 20-feet high, has had its finishes replaced with new acoustical panels installed. The original ornamental crown molding and painting were painstakingly brought back with care for historical accuracy by Spectra Company, a subcontractor for Adams Commercial General Contracting, Inc. (ACGC). A lift has been installed to provide ADA access to the stage. Future plans include media equipment and a sound system to be installed in the Hall for conferences.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6

6. South Meeting Room

The South Meeting Room has its original light fixtures, and the ceiling is inset with a series of decorative wood beams and plaster panels. The walls are plaster and the original wood floors restored.

7. North Meeting Room

The North Meeting Room’s decorative plaster crown molding and wood floors have been restored.

8. New Meeting Room

Across from the North Meeting Room sits what was originally a Ladies Lounge, now an additional meeting room. The original wood floor and window trims remain. The Ladies Lounge now has a recessed breakroom cabinet, making room for a new stairway to the basement.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3

9. Lounge

Originally on the south end of the lobby was the Men’s Lounge connecting to a billiard and card room. This area of the building has been reconfigured to provide a new accessible entrance and egress route. New to the building is an elevator which provides access to all three levels of the building. The lounge remains with the restored back bar cabinetry and mirror relocated from the basement bar, a new accessible front bar and restored light fixtures. The intricate tiled drinking fountains now located in the Lounge and the new accessible entryway are both original. During renovation, the fountains were removed from hallways and preserved. New concrete shear walls were inserted into the wall cavities where the recessed drinking fountains were, necessitating their relocation.

  1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3