Cannabis Licensing & Regulations


On Friday February 26, 2016, the Humboldt County Board of Supervisors adopted an ordinance that regulates commercial cannabis operations within the County’s unincorporated areas. The ordinance categorizes cannabis operations into permit types, and allows each license type in certain zones throughout the County’s unincorporated area.

ResourceContact Information

 Economic Development

825 5th Street
Room #112
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: (707) 445-7745



5630 S Broadway Street
Eureka, CA 95503
Phone: (707) 441-5260

 Treasurer Tax - Collector

825 5th Street
Room #125
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: (707) 476-2450


 Planning and Building Services


Eureka Office:
3015 H Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: (707) 445-7541

Redway Office:
3156 Redwood Dr
Redway, CA 95560
Phone: (707) 383-4100


Environmental Health

100 H Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: (707) 445-6215


Code Enforcement  


3015 H Street
Eureka, CA 95501
Phone: (707) 476-2429


State Resources

News & Events

  1. Restricted Area Access Pass Program Launches for Commercial Agriculture Producers in Disaster Zones

  2. April 21, 2020 - California Cannabis Equity Grants Program Provides $30 Million in Grant Funding

    "The Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz), in partnership with the Bureau of Cannabis Control, announced $30 million in grant funding through the Cannabis Equity Grants Program for Local Jurisdictions." Additional Info...
  3. Property Taxes are due for Humboldt County

    Property taxes are now due for the County of Humboldt. Payments for the first installment are considered timely if they are postmarked by Dec. 10, 2020. Read on...
View All