Frequently Asked Questions
Need more information about the recruitment process? Please review our frequently asked questions. If you can’t find the answer to you question, please contact the Sheriff’s Recruitment Line at 707-441-5100 or our Recruitment Officer via email or by phone at 707-268-3608.
- May I be provided with my written test score?
- Is there a dress code for the written examinations?
- Do I get paid while I am in the Police Academy?
- Are you currently testing and hiring?
- How do I apply for any of the listed job opening(s)?
- What positions are part of the Law Enforcement Job Family?
- What are the selection requirements for Deputy Sheriff Recruit?
- For how long are the written test scores valid?
- If I take the P.O.S.T PELLETB Exam and fail, may I reapply?
- Do you accept another agency’s written test score in lieu of the written test?
- I’m currently on active duty in the military. When should I start the hiring process?
- When will closed/suspended position(s) reopen?
- How do I update my personal information/profile?
- May I apply for more than one position at the same time?
- If I fail the P.O.S.T. mandated Structured Interview (SI), may I reapply?
- Whom may I contact for more information regarding employment with the Sheriff's Office?
- What P.O.S.T. PELLETB Score is required for employment as a Deputy Sheriff?