Live Scan is the process used to digitally obtain and transmit fingerprints. Live Scan is used in the process of conducting background checks which may be required as a condition of employment, licensing, certification, foreign adoptions or VISA/Immigration purposes. The Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office offers Live Scan services to the public by appointment only.
Live Scan Hours
Live Scans are available by appointment only. Please call 707-445-7251 between 8 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. to schedule your appointment.
Fees and Payments
We charge $35.00 for the Live Scan service, payable with business checks and cash. We do not accept debit or credit cards.
- Must present a valid Photo ID for Identification Verification. Expired identification will not be accepted.
- Must have a completed Live Scan form. If your Live Scan form is not completed, you will be turned away. The following areas must be completed in order to proceed with your Live Scan:
- Applicant Authorized Type
- Type of License/Certification/Permit OR Working Title
- Must adhere to the following COVID Requirements.
- You will be required to have a mask to enter the Courthouse.
- You will be required to use hand sanitizer prior to Live Scan fingerprinting.
- You will be provided a mask to wear during your Live Scan fingerprinting process.