County Clerk Recorder
Notice of Recording Fee Change
Effective January 1, 2020, the recording fee for each government Release of Lien will be $20.00 for the first page, and $3.00 for each additional page.
2020 Clerk Recorder Fee Schedule Opens in New Window ens a New Window. ens a New Window.
ew Window.ens a N Opens a New Window. Responsibilities
The Clerk-Recorder’s Office records or files various authorized documents and maps, collects transfer tax and other fees, and registers all births, deaths, and public marriages occurring within Humboldt County. Once recorded or filed, the documents and certificates are made available for examination within the office for interested parties. Exact copies are issued, upon payment of proper fees, by mail or in person in the office.
- Opens in New Window 2020 Clerk Recorder Fee Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Documentary transfer tax table Opens a New Window.
- Apply for a marriage license Opens a New Window.
- Obtain a certified copy of birth, death, or marriage Real Estate Forms Opens in New Window Opens a New Win
- SB2 fee grid Opens a New Window.
- SB2 exemption cover-sheet Opens a New Window.
- SB2 frequently asked questions Opens a New Window.
- Building homes and jobs act parcel declaration Opens a New Window.
The office of the Clerk-Recorder is prohibited from giving legal advice; nor can staff assist the public in the preparation of legal documents. If you have questions concerning which document form is appropriate for your transaction, or if you are in need of assistance in the preparation of that document, you should consult an attorney or obtain other professional advice.