County Clerk Recorder
The Clerk-Recorder's Office records or files various authorized documents and maps, collects transfer tax and other fees, and registers all births, deaths, and public marriages occurring within Humboldt County. Once recorded or filed, the documents and certificates are made available for examination within the office for interested parties. Exact copies are issued, upon payment of proper fees, by mail or in person in the office.
- 2019 Clerk Recorder Fee Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Record a document
- Recording process time and return
- Basic recording requirements
- Documentary transfer tax table Opens a New Window.
- Recording tips
- Apply for a marriage license Opens a New Window.
- Obtain a certified copy of birth, death, or marriage
- Clerk functions
- Real estate forms Opens a New Window.
- SB2 fee grid Opens a New Window.
- SB2 exemption cover-sheet Opens a New Window.
- SB2 frequently asked questions Opens a New Window.
- Building homes and jobs act parcel declaration Opens a New Window.
The office of the Clerk-Recorder is prohibited from giving legal advice; nor can staff assist the public in the preparation of legal documents. If you have questions concerning which document form is appropriate for your transaction, or if you are in need of assistance in the preparation of that document, you should consult an attorney or obtain other professional advice.