Reporting Resources

Use this page to learn where you should direct your call when you want to report a potential violation of local, state or federal law or county code.

Medical Marijuana

If you would like to report a marijuana cultivation site that you believe violates the zoning code related to indoor medical marijuana cultivation, please contact the County Counsel's Code Enforcement Division at 707-476-2429.

If you would like to report activities related to criminal cultivation of marijuana, please contact the Sheriff's Office.

Criminal Activity - Law Enforcement

Humboldt County Sheriff's Office
Anonymous Tip Line: (707) 268-2539
Eureka: (707) 445-7251
Garberville: (707) 923-2761
McKinleyville: (707) 839-3857
Hoopa: (530) 625-4231
For emergencies, call 911

California Highway Patrol

(707) 822-5981

(707) 923-2155

*To report vehicle/traffic violations

County Agencies

Code Enforcement Unit

Environmental Health Division

Planning & Building Department

State Agencies

Fortuna Office

Use this number to report marijuana grow violations involving cutting of trees, grading of property, burning slash piles, trash, etc.

California Fish & Wildlife

Use this number to report marijuana grow violations involving fish, wildlife, streambed alterations, grading of property, etc.

North Coast Water Quality Control Board

Use this number to report marijuana grow violations involving water quality, discharge into streams or water resources, run off from property into water resources, etc.

North Coast Unified
Air Quality Management District


Use this number to report illegal burning (trash, slash, etc.) or air quality violations involving marijuana grow.

Department of Toxic Substances Control

The first number is the hazardous waste information hotline.
Use the second number to report waste violations at marijuana grow sites.

Federal Agencies

USFS - Six Rivers National Forest

Use this number to report marijuana gardens, transportation, or other violations involving public lands.