Public Works Services



EFFECTIVE 03/17/2020

UPDATED 04/02/2020

UPDATED 05/18/2020

In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and until further notice the Humboldt County Department of Public Works offices, located at various locations, will limit access to their facilities. These procedures are subject to change without notice as conditions warrant. The Department’s operations will still continue, and we hope to return to normal procedures as soon as possible.

County Parks: 

Day-use areas at County Parks are currently open at this time, with the exception of Freshwater Park. All campgrounds are closed, including Pamplin Grove. The restrooms remain open.

Road Maintenance, 1106 Second Street, Eureka

The Dispatcher will be available to take requests for service by phone, Monday-Thursday, 6:30am - 5:00pm., (707) 445-7421.

Concerns or requests can also be submitted on the Humboldt County Website.: Request for Service on County Maintained Roads Form (Potholes, etc...)

Main Office, 1106 Second Street, Eureka

This office is open by appointment only, please call 707 445-7491. Some staff members are working remotely, so please call in advance.

Masks must be worn and Social Distancing guideline will be followed.

County Fuel Cards (Renner):  Distributing fuel cards will be by appointment only, please call (707) 268-2670.

County Park Passes: Passes will only be available through US Mail. Please call (707) 445-7651, then press 9,  for directions.

Keys to River Access: Please call (707) 445-7491 to make arrangements.

Engineering Projects, 1106 Second Street, Eureka

Plans and Specifications for Engineering projects are available on the County’s Webpage Engineering Division or by US Mail.

Please e-mail or call (707) 445-7377 to have your company’s name on the Planholders’ list.

Bid Opening will still be announced, please wear masks and maintain Social Distancing.

Please call (707) 445-7377 if you have questions.

Land Use Division, 3015 H Street, Eureka

The public counter is now open. Some staff are working remotely and may not be available. The Department encourages the public to call (707) 445-7205 before visiting to ensure staff is available.

County Surveyor Office Special Notes:

Hardcopy submittal packages, documents, mylar prints and submittal fees may be dropped off at the public counter or mailed to:

Humboldt County Surveyor

3015 H Street, Room 124

Eureka, CA 95501

Electronic submittals for Records of Survey, Subdivision Maps, Corner Records and Boundary Corrections can be emailed to

For Submittal fees and Map Standards see the County Surveyor’s Web Page at

The County Surveyor Library is open by appointment only. The Roads Records room is closed to the public, but files can be made available by appointment. Call (707) 445-7205 to make an appointment.

The County Surveyor Map Index is available online at

Motor Pool, Second and J Streets, Eureka

County employees will have access to vehicles. Keys and vehicles will be sanitized between uses. Reservations procedures will still be in place. (707) 445-7374.

Natural Resource Planning, 1105 6th Street, Eureka

Please use e-mail or phone.