IMPORTANT NOTE: The County Surveyor does not survey private property. Contact a licensed land surveyor for this work.
The County Surveyor reviews subdivision maps, Records of Survey, and lot line adjustments, as well as:
- Maintains the County Surveyor's Map Index of recorded maps and unrecorded surveys
- Maintains the Surveyor’s Library (unrecorded surveys)
- Reviews and files Corner Records
- Administers the Monument Preservation Fund
- Facilitates boundary corrections
- Fields general questions regarding property boundaries.
Under the County Surveyor’s direction, field crews within the Survey Section also provide field surveying for:
- County Roads
- County Facilities
- Monument Preservation
The County Surveyor prepares the associated mapping, boundary surveys, and survey document preparation for projects related to the above facilities.
Helpful links and reference materials: Opens a New Window.
- Humboldt County Surveyor's Map Index (hummaps.com)
- County Surveyor's Map Standards 04-25-2019 Opens a New Window.
- County Surveyor's Monument Preservation Guidelines 02-21-2019 Opens a New Window.
- Boundary Correction Application Opens a New Window. and Ordinance (No. 1911 10-23-1990) Opens a New Window.
2018/19 Fees (effective date 01/03/2019):
Checking of Parcel Maps and Final Maps
Actual cost with an initial deposit of $1600 + $120 per lot/parcel + Index Fee
Checking of Record of Surveys
$516 for first sheet + $200 each additional sheet + Index Fee
Recheck fees apply after 3rd check
Checking of Certification of Corrections
$280 each + Index Fee
Checking of Corner Records
Application for Boundary Correction
Actual cost with an initial deposit of $400
$13 first page + $3 each additional page